“So How Effective Is Red Yeast Rice For Improving Cholesterol & Triglycerides?…”
There are hundreds of double-blind studies1 around the WORLD, that show Red Rice Yeast extract is clinically proven2 to help create healthy cholesterol levels (when used correctly).
In fact, don’t take my word for it, you can go ahead and do your own research online – just make sure it’s at a legitimate research site such as MedLine or PubMed1,2 and not one of those bogus “non-research” websites.
Here’s something interesting… Years ago, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, tried to stop all sales of red yeast rice extract because this natural ingredient worked so well!
“Why Do Millions Use Red Yeast Rice?…”
- To Help Lower Total and LDL “Bad” Cholesterol
- To Help Raise HDL “Good” Cholesterol
Red yeast rice has been shown to normalize cholesterol as well or better than cholesterol-lowering drugs. Red yeast rice extract has been proven in numerous clinical trials1,2, and it has been used by millions of people in other countries for 2,000 years or more3. (It’s a regular diet staple in Asia and is the source of the rich red color in Peking Duck.)
In the last few years, red yeast rice has “taken a hit” because of aggressive campaigns by pharmaceutical companies to take any potential negative aspect of using red yeast rice and turn it into a major crisis – this in spite of having no real basis in unbiased research and despite the heavy daily usage in Asia for centuries with no problems whatsoever.
But this article wouldn’t be complete unless I shared this with you…
Warnings & “Scams”
As with anything, there are always potential “negatives” and here are a few things you want to watch out for:
- Make sure that any red yeast rice you consume has the potentially toxic by-product “citrinin” REMOVED from the fermentation process.
- You want to ONLY use the “extract” form of red yeast rice, not “powder” (which is inactive, “dead root” and doesn’t work).
- You never want to take only the red yeast rice by itself because you would have to take a very high dose of it to work and that’s when the negative side-effects start (more about this in a second…)
But, don’t go out and spend your hard-earned money on red yeast rice just yet …
“So, What’s YOUR Best & Safest Solution?…”
I’ll be honest with you. No one single ingredient works at 100% effectiveness forever, let alone for every person. And that includes red yeast rice or any other single herb or nutrient.
Think about it. Just like you don’t eat only broccoli for best health, you don’t want to use only one herb or nutrient either.
The best products use red yeast rice, in conjunction with other key ingredients, at specific dosages to help create healthy cholesterol levels, HDL/LDL ratios and triglycerides.
This way, all of your lipid levels are in a healthy range, without your body adapting to any single nutrient and without any negative side-effects.
Scientifically Proven Herbs
That Work Best With Red Yeast Rice
Other key ingredients you should look for when purchasing a product, which also work in synergy with red yeast rice are:
- Policosanol (make sure it contains specific “octacosanol” and not the cheaper form of “beta-sistosterol”)
- Garlic Extract (make sure it’s Deodorized with 1.3% alliin)
- Pantesin® d-Pantethine
- Guggulsterones (make sure it’s 10% Pure Extract; E and Z)
- Artichoke Leaf Extract (make sure it’s 15% Chlorogenic Acid, 5% Cynarin)
- Phytosterols Complex
Additionally, whatever product you select – make sure it has a liver cleansing formula (because your liver is where cholesterol problems first start) and something to reduce Homocysteine levels (which is 43% cause of heart attacks).4 This is REALLY IMPORTANT!
When the above ingredients are combined together in proper ratios, the “synergy” creates a much more effective solution, at a lower dose – WITHOUT your body adapting or having negative side-effects.6 That’s the secret!…
Confused? Too Many Options & Choices?
Here’s What Other People Have Done…
Now, you might be thinking, “Geez, I don’t want to take 20-30 pills a day, buying a bunch of bottles and herbs” and I don’t blame you. Who has the time OR money?…
Fortunately, there’s “all-in-one” remedy called CholesLo™, which contains the above key ingredients, in specific extracted dosages — in addition to a couple other helpful ingredients.
The feedback has been amazing and since the product has been around since 1999, you know it works!
- Red yeast rice lowers cholesterol in physicians – a double blind, placebo controlled randomized trial
- Cholesterol-lowering effects of a proprietary Chinese red-yeast-rice dietary supplement.
- Wiki – Red Yeast Rice Overview
- Homocysteine lowering and cardiovascular disease risk
- Side Effects of Cholesterol-Lowering Statin Drugs
- Cholesterol-Lowering Abilities of a Novel Proprietary Preparation – CholesLo