Billions of people around the world start (and often continue) their days with a hot, stimulating beverage. And for most people the pick-me-up of choice is coffee or tea.
In America, coffee is consumed more than tea. Even though tea consumption in the US has been growing steadily over the past few years.
Which is good, since tea has a wider variety of health benefits and because of this, I’m going to focus on tea today.
Which Tea for Which Ailment
You can take a look at the below info-graphic for different herbal teas and their benefits. Actually, there are many more herbal teas not listed below, so you have even more variety and options to choose from.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Weight Loss = Yerbe Mate, Dandelion, Black, Green and Oolong
- Cholesterol, Lipids = Green, White and Red Clover
- Stress Reduction = Green (because of L-Theanine)
- Blood Sugar = Cinnamon
- Libido, Prostate = Stinging Nettle, Red Clover and Ginger
- Blood Flow, Circulation = Ginger
- Anxiety, Sleep = Passion Flower, Valerian and Chamomile
If drinking the tea, try to get organic versions. To get maximum benefits, aim for 2-3 cups daily.
For faster results, you may also get the concentrated extracted form of the specific herb in capsules.