There are literally dozens of natural supplements and herbs that “claim” to help relieve stress, reduce anxiety and panic attacks, decrease depression, improve your mood and help you sleep better. So it can get a little confusing.
But allow me to save you time and money by listing the “best of the best” and the most effective natural remedies that are clinically proven to work quickly and safely for long-term usage:
- Phenibut – increases Dopamine (“pleasure chemical”) and reduces Cortisol (“stress hormone”)
- 5-HTP – increases Serotonin (“happy hormone”)
- St. John’s Wort – a natural anti-depressant, clinically proven better and safer than Prozac.
- Passion Flower & Valerian Extract – great for anxiety, panic attacks and improved sleep. Creates natural calmness.
- Inositol, Magnesium and L-Taurine – are required for proper formation of numerous brain neurotransmitters, including Serotonin. People who have anxiety or depression, genetically have low levels of these 3 ingredients.
- L-Theanine – which is found in green tea, helps reduce stress and Cortisol levels.
- Phosphatidylserine, Ashwagandha and Vitamin C = all help reduce the stress hormone, Cortisol
- GABA – an amino acid that helps “calm” your nervous system and creates relaxation.
Most Popular Option: If you want to save time and money, you can utilize ProVanax™. It’s an “all-in-one” supplement that already combines everything that I just listed, in specific extracted dosages — in addition to a couple other helpful ingredients.
Are You Glass Half “Full” or “Empty”?
Have you noticed in life that some people tend to generally just be happy, positive people? They laugh more, they seem confident and hopeful about life. They handle stressful situations well, and stay calm and cool.
They’re basically the “glass half FULL” people.
And of course I’m sure you know some people are who tend to be negative about life. Critical and hopeless. They get stressed out quickly and have anxiety and panic attacks.
They feel nervous in social settings. They worry a lot, have sleep problems and tend to get depressed and “down”, more often than they’d like to admit.
You know… the “glass half EMPTY” people.
The Real Cause – Nature Or Nurture?
If you ask most people why a person is the way they are – they’ll generally say it’s because of the person’s “attitude”… their “up-bring”… or they CHOOSE to be this way.
Now, this is true to a certain extent. But science has proven repeatedly that over 50% of “happiness” is based on your GENETICS!
So if you tend to be a person who feels more anxiety or panic attacks … or is “super sensitive” and even gets depressed from time to time – guess what, it may NOT be your fault!
… to a certain extent.
Genetics does play a big role in how you feel, but what’s behind all of this are your HORMONES and NEUROTRANSMITTERS … Something that you CAN improve on, which is the good news and that’s what I’m going to discuss today.
So don’t worry, there is HOPE and you can easily do it!
Controlling The “Big 3”
Without turning this into a biology class in medical school, I’m going to keep things simple. There are 3 primary hormones and neurotransmitters we want to “control”, which can help make dramatic improvements in your mood, happiness, and sense of well-being.
And these are Dopamine, Serotonin and Cortisol
The great part about making improvements to these 3 is that you’ll also SLOW DOWN AGING and thus, look and feel younger!
Goal #1 = Optimize Serotonin
This is a neurotransmitter which is located primarily in your GI tract (your stomach) and also your Central Nervous System (CNS). People tend to refer to it as the “happy hormone”, even though it’s not a hormone … Mainly because drugs such as Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft work by optimizing Serotonin.
Serotonin may be low if you:
- crave sugary, salty foods or caffeine
- tend to be “moody” or extra “sensitive”
- get anxiety or panic attacks
- can’t seem to “let go” of the past or you dwell on negative thoughts
Goal #2 = Increase Dopamine
This is known as the anti-aging “pleasure chemical”, which acts as both a hormone and a neurotransmitter.
It’s very powerful because it plays a major role in motivation. Many addictive drugs work on Dopamine receptors. The lack of dopamine is also the primary cause of Parkinson’s.
Dopamine may be low if you:
- have memory problems or hard time focusing
- have a decrease in libido
- feel unmotivated, lost your “drive” about life
- don’t want to interact with people and you feel hopeless or depressed
Goal #3 = Decrease Cortisol
Cortisol is known as the “Stress Hormone”. When you don’t sleep well, when you’re angry, tired, feel over-worked and under lots of stress or pressure,… then your Cortisol levels dramatically shoots up.
This is your body’s coping mechanism to stress – so you do need some cortisol to survive and function.
However, elevated cortisol causes
- an increase in blood sugar and blood pressure
- muscle loss and extra fat around your belly
- lowered testosterone in men and feelings of anger in women
- poor sleep
- dramatically increases aging, wrinkles and hair loss.
Unfortunately because of today’s extra stressful life-styles, it’s estimated that 87% of the population has chronically elevated cortisol.
And if you have any caffeine – coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc. – you are 100% guaranteed to have elevated cortisol.
Let’s Do This Naturally, NO DRUGS
So forget about using anti-anxiety or anti-depression drugs. Not only do they have lots of long-term side-effects, but they BARELY work.
In a 2008 study done by Harvard Medical School, 82% of users said they felt ZERO improvement taking medications. Yet, 67% reported negative side-effects.
But luckily there are specific herbs, vitamins and amino acids that DO work in improving your Serotonin, Dopamine and Cortisol levels, which results in improvement in both mental and physical well-being.
WARNING – It’s All About The “Synergy”
Earlier I mentioned about 8-10 of the best supplements that are scientifically shown to safely help reduce stress, anxiety, symptomes of depression and help improve your mood and give you better sleep.
As great as these individual ingredients are, they work MUCH BETTER when combined together because there is a special “synergy”, which creates better results without any negative side-effects.
So basically, you take less and get more results!
Because of this synergy, I personally utilize an “all-in-one” solution called ProVanax™, which contains all of these key ingredients, in one simple pill. So it’s convenient and saves me time and money.
The feedback has been amazing and since the product has been around since 1999, you know it works!
If you want to try something natural that works quickly, I suggest your give ProVanax™ a try. Take a look and let me know what you think!…
- Phenibut (beta-phenyl-GABA): a tranquilizer and nootropic drug
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor
- A Double-blind, randomized trial of St John’s wort, fluoxetine, and placebo in major depressive disorder
- Nutritional and herbal supplements for anxiety and anxiety-related disorders: systematic review
- Glutamate, GABA, glycine and taurine modulate serotonin synthesis
- Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults
- A randomized controlled trial of high dose ascorbic acid for reduction of cortisol subjective responses to psychological stress
- Genetics of Wellbeing and Its Components Satisfaction with Life, Happiness, and Quality of Life
- The drugs don’t work for everyone. Doubts about the efficacy of antidepressants renew debates over the medicalization of common distress