It seems the older we get, the more belly fat we have and this has more to do with the change in your hormones due to aging.
For example, women who go through menopause, all of a sudden start putting fat directly around the belly and midsection. And of course, the older men become the bigger the stomach.
Unfortunately, not only is belly-fat unattractive, it’s also very unhealthy because the fat is surrounding your vital organs.
The below info-graphic reveals 10 simple tips for reducing your belly fat. Make sure to also read my short summary at the bottom of the page for a simple “trick” I use for turning ON your “fat-burning genes”, for faster fat loss – especially around your belly.
Gaining weight and belly-fat has a lot to do with your genetics and the change in your hormones due to aging.
Here’s how your primary fat-burning hormones work:
- glucagon & insulin — control your blood sugar and carbohydrate metabolism
- cortisol – your stress hormone that contributes to belly fat
- sex hormones – testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, etc.
- thyroid – controls your metabolism
- leptin – controls food intake & energy expenditure, directly linked to body fat
Your life-style, stress, foods you eat, exercise and of course, genetics and aging all contribute to the increase and decrease of these hormones.