Like most things with the your body, GENETICS plays a major role and how you look and feel. … And your HORMONES dictate how your genetics get “expressed”!
Simply stated, “skinny” people have different hormone levels than “overweight” people. A major reason you gain weight as you age is because of a decline in these key hormones.
However, the good news is that you CAN dramatically improve your “fat-burning” hormones naturally.
I’ll tell you more about this at the end of this info-graphic…
Blood sugar levels can cause you to gain or lose weight. This is because of how your hormones interacts with EACH OTHER — such as
- glucagon & insulin — control your blood sugar and carbohydrate metabolism
- cortisol – your stress hormone that contributes to belly fat
- sex hormones – testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, etc.
- thyroid – controls your metabolism
- leptin – controls food intake & energy expenditure, directly linked to body fat
Your life-style, stress, foods you eat, exercise and of course, genetics and aging all contribute to the increase and decrease of these hormones.