In the video below, I summarize the pros and cons of Gymnema Sylvestre… And how to best use it for maximum safety and effectiveness.
“So How Effective Is Gymnema Sylvestre For Improving Blood Sugar & Glucose Levels?…”
Nicknamed the “sugar destroyer”, Gymnema sylvestre has been used safely by people in India for 5,000 years1. This natural herb can help balance your fasting blood sugar, maintain healthy hemoglobin A1c, support your body’s glycemic control and increase the efficiency of insulin inside your body.2,3
Gymnema sylvestre can also help promote digestive health and reduce lipids (fats and triglycerides).1,3 It has anti-inflammatory properties as well1.
As an added bonus, it’s used to reduce the absorption of glucose into the body, and also helps suppress sugar cravings,1,2 both of which are desirable for those wishing to lose weight and to reduce the level of sugar in their blood.
Warnings & “Scams”
As with anything, there are always potential “negatives” and here are a few things you want to watch out for. Generally speaking, Gymnema Sylvestre has been shown to be safe, when taken in proper dosages. However, a few things to consider:
- As seen in the clinical studies2,3, you want to ONLY use the“extract” form and NOT the “raw powder” – which doesn’t have any glucose lowering benefits.
- The CORRECT extract for use is standardized for 75% Bymnemic Acids.
- You don’t want to take only Gymnema Sylvestre by itself, because you would need a very high dosages to feel the glucose lowering benefits. And not only are there potential side-effects at higher dosages – such as liver stress, but your body will adapt quicker and thus, an even higher dose will be required over time.
It’s best to combine Gymnema Sylvestre with other ingredients (more on this below) for improved benefits and reduced side-effects.
But, don’t go out and spend your hard-earned money on Gymnema Sylvestre just yet …
“So, What’s YOUR Best & Safest Solution?…”
I’ll be honest with you. No one single ingredient works at 100% effectiveness forever, let alone for every person. And that includes Gymnema Sylvestre or any other single herb or nutrient.
Think about it. Just like you don’t eat only broccoli for best health, you don’t want to use only one herb or nutrient either.
The most effective and safest products use a combination of different nutrients and ingredients, at specific proven dosages, creating a special synergy which will help create healthy blood sugar & glucose levels, without serious negative side-effects.5
Now, based on my research, the following ingredient have been scientifically shown to work, they’re effective and safe for both short and long-term usage5,6:
- Combination of BOTH Chromium Piconlinate & Polynicotinate (ChromeMate®)
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (NA-R version is best)
- Cinnamon Extract (4:1 ratio)
- Bitter Melon
- Gymnema Sylvestre Extract (75% Gymnemic Acids)
- Bilberry Leaf Extract (25% Anthocyanosides)
- Fenugreek Extract
- Banaba Leaf Extract (1% corosolic acid)
Additionally, whatever product you select – make sure it has contains some essential vitamins and minerals, that are typically lacking and not being absorbed properly by individuals with glucose problems.5 The most important are:
- Magnesium (as Glycinate & Citrate)
- Vitamin C
- B-Vitamins (B1, B3, B5, B6 and B12)
- Zinc Picolinate
- Biotin (very important)
When the above ingredients are combined together in proper ratios, the “synergy” creates a much more effective solution, at a lower dose – WITHOUT your body adapting or having negative side-effects.5,6 That’s the secret!…
Confused? Too Many Options & Choices?
Here’s What Other People Have Done…
Fortunately, there’s “all-in-one” natural remedy called Blood Sugar Optimizer™, which contains the above key ingredients, in specific extracted dosages6 — in addition to a couple other helpful ingredients.
The feedback has been amazing and since the product has been around for almost a decade, you know it works!
- Gymnema sylvestre
- study on the supplementation of Gymnema sylvestre in type 2 diabetics
- Use of Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract in the control of blood glucose
- Vitamin insufficiency and diabetes risks
- Effects of vitamin supplementation on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes
- Effectiveness of a Commercially Available Supplement in Improving Blood Glucose Levels