Lactic acidosis is when lactic acid builds ups in the bloodstream faster than it can be removed. Lactic acid is produced when oxygen levels in the body drop.
The most common cause of lactic acidosis is intense exercise, usually in the form of lifting weights. When you get a “pump” or “burn” in the muscle, that’s from lactic acid build-up.
The Cause In Diabetics
But lactic acidosis usually happens in type 2 diabetes due to a glucose-lowering medication called, Metformin (Glucophage). The risk of lactic acidosis also goes up if you:
- have heart failure or a lung ailment
- have kidney or liver problems
- drink alcohol
Also, dehydration can affect your kidney or liver function and increase your risk of lactic acidosis, especially when taking Metformin. So, make sure you’re always hydrated with clean water.
Typical symptoms of lactic acidosis in diabetics is:
- fast and shallow breathing
- muscle pain or cramping
- tiredness or unusual sleepiness
If you’re feeling nausea or weakness, you should contact your doctor and do a blood test to check electrolyte levels and see if you do have lactic acidosis.
FIRST – You need to make sure you’re always hydrated. That means to drink plenty of purified water and avoid alcohol and caffeinated beverages – since both cause dehydration.
SECOND – You should consider getting OFF the drug Metformin if you’re using it, which is the primary cause of the lactic acidosis. Speak to your doctor about alternatives, preferably something natural.
THIRD – It’s best to control your blood sugar and glucose levels naturally – through simple life-style changes … because this is the best long-term solution without worry of negative side-effects from drugs, such as lactic acidosis or kidney and liver disease.
Best Ways To Stablize Your Blood Sugar, NaturallyWith some minor life-style changes, you can see and feel big improvements quickly. Here are some things you should focus on:
- Lose Unwanted Fat This may not be fun, but it’s very important and it’s the first step in keeping your glucose in check.
- Eat Better – Natural Foods This means “low glycemic” foods, less carbohydrates, healthy proteins and fats. It also means to stay AWAY from processed, man-made foods. Also, make sure you eat often – smaller meals throughout the day to stabilize your blood sugar and have lots of fiber as well.
- Exercise Daily – Aerobic & Anaerobic Exercise utilizes the carbohydrates you eat, so it keeps your blood sugar stable. Having more muscle also improves insulin sensitivity, which means less insulin is needed.
- Proper Supplementation (for faster results) There are specific natural herbs, vitamins and minerals that can help stabilize your blood sugar, while also improving insulin sensitivity. Clinical studies have shown that people who are diabetic or pre-diabetic are lacking in certain nutrients and taking the correct supplements can quickly help fix this and get you faster results. 1,4,5
Most Popular Option: Faster Results & Easier To StartManaging your blood sugar is probably one of the most important aspects to health, longevity and disease reduction.1 Unfortunately, it can sometimes get confusing or you might feel overwhelmed with too much information — what to DO or NOT do. Plus, making dramatic life-style changes -- such as eating much better, eliminating lots of different foods and exercising daily -- for many people can be difficult to start and it takes a longer time to see results. Because of this, I wanted a solution that worked fast and was easy. So I created a simple, effective and scientifically research, "all-in-one" remedy called Blood Sugar Optimizer™... which is a small pill that helps to naturally:
- Supports healthy blood sugar, HbA1c & glucose levels.5,6
- Promotes improved insulin sensitivity.5,6
- Helps diminish sugar cravings & energy fluctuations.5,6