If you do a search online about “foods that lower cholesterol”, you’ll typically find the same generic recommendations by most “experts”…. but not today.
I’m going to reveal the BEST foods that not only help improve your cholesterol naturally, but also improve your overall health… which will help you look and feel younger!
I’ll also quickly discuss some cholesterol myths and give you one of the best methods for quickly and naturally lowering your cholesterol levels.
The Best Foods
You should have some fiber with all your meals because fiber binds to “bad” LDL cholesterol1 and helps lower it. Soluble fiber also reduces the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream. You should aim for a minimum of 10 grams of fiber daily, preferably 25 grams.
So here are the best fiber sources for lowering cholesterol and improving your overall health:
- Beans – black, kidney, lima, lentils and pinto beans have a great source of soluble fiber. They’re also high in protein and don’t raise your blood sugar much, which is also very important for lowering your cholesterol.
- Vegetables – you can never go wrong with vegetables. The greener the better. Broccoli, collard greens, spinach, Brussels Sprouts and artichokes are some of the best for fiber and improving cholesterol.
- Fruits – apples and pears are very good, especially with the skin because of the pectin. Raspberries are one of the highest, at 8 grams of fiber per cup.
- Nuts – they also have good fiber, with almonds and walnuts being the best. But walnuts are also high in omega-3 fatty acids, just like fish… Which also helps lower “bad” cholesterol further.
The right fats are very important for overall health because they help optimize all your hormones, which help control your cholesterol.
Now, even though other “experts” say to have polyunsaturated fats such as sesame, soybean, canola, corn, sunflower and similar “super-market” fats. I’m totally against these fats because they are very processed and BAD for your overall health and cause inflammation.1,5
In fact, studies have shown they can actually INCREASE your risk for heart disease.5
My suggestion is to stick to natural fats such as:
- raw nuts – almonds and walnuts are best
- fish oils such as salmon and krill
- extra virgin organic coconut oil – YES, I know others say not to – but this oil increases your “good” HDL cholesterol and improves your thyroid, which further helps lower cholesterol
Most Americans eat way too much protein. My suggestion is to eat LESS animal protein. It’s better to stick with vegetable sources and mainly wild caught fish, such as salmon.
Similar to protein, people eat way too many carbohydrates, which increases insulin levels causing higher “bad” LDL cholesterol.1
Try to stay away from grains and have more vegetables, fruits, sweet potatoes and organic, gluten free “steel-cut” oats, which lowers cholesterol better than regular “rolled” oats.
Again, it’s best to eat foods that are NOT packaged. Try to keep things as natural and fresh as possible.
The BIG Picture
Did you know that heart disease is the #1 killer2, killing more people each year than ALL the other diseases COMBINED?!!2
So, improving your cholesterol levels is very important... but it's just ONE factor out of many, when it comes to decreasing heart problems.
You also need to have healthy HDL/LDL ratios, triglycerides, homocysteine and other lipid levels within a normal, youthful range.
Ultimately, your goal isn't even to "lower" cholesterol or to reduce heart problems - but to NOT have a heart attack or stroke.
It's to NOT die prematurely.
Managing your lipid profiles is probably one of the most important aspects to health, longevity and illness reduction.
Unfortunately, it can sometimes get confusing or you might feel overwhelmed with too much information — what to DO or NOT do.
Plus, making dramatic life-style changes — such as eating much better, eliminating lots of different foods and exercising daily — is very important but for many people can be difficult to start and it takes a longer time to see results.
And taking "statin" prescription drugs is never a good long-term solution because of all the negative side-effects3...
Now, I'm very familiar with this topic because these are all the same challenges I ran into with both my parents back in 1999.
Most Popular Option:
Faster Results & Easier To Start
Because of this, I wanted a solution for my parents that was safe, worked quickly and was easy.
So I created a simple, very effective and scientifically researched "all-in-one" natural remedy called CholesLo™... which is a small pill that helps to naturally:
- Support healthy cholesterol levels within a normal, youthful range.4
- Optimize HDL/LDL ratios.4
- Healthy triglycerides & Homocysteine levels.4
- Cleanse your liver (where cholesterol is produced).4
One major reason CholesLo™ is better than other options is because its doctor formulated and scientifically researched to work.
The feedback has been amazing ... and since the product has been around since 1999, you know it works and it's effective!
You can also view the clinical studies, customer reviews, FAQ's, etc.
Take a look and let me know what you think! Please do this now, while it's fresh on your mind...