Adrenal fatigue is a debilitating condition that is usually the aftermath from suffering from a prolonged illness or stress either physical or emotional in nature. With the adrenal glands essentially stressed to their limits, they no longer produce a normal amount of hormones and the body enters an imbalanced state which causes a person to feel very tired, yet they cannot get enough sleep.
Unfortunately, many people overlook the signs of adrenal fatigue and use stimulants like sugar and caffeine to help get them through the day which in turn only prolongs the condition. Instead, the right course of action is to help the body recover and restore the adrenal glands naturally through rest, recuperation and a number of natural treatments as well.
Using herbs or herbal medicines is a common way to treat adrenal fatigue. There are certain herbs that stimulate the body in the right way to help restore the function of the adrenal glands without creating more stress or unnatural energy. Of course, you will need to choose the right herbs in order to get the desired effect.
The Five Best Herbs for Adrenal Fatigue
1. Licorice: This has been a part of traditional medicine for many years and contains elements that actually help properly stimulate the adrenal glands in the right manner. Care must be taken not to take in too much licorice as it can have a debilitating effect on the kidneys. However, it not only provides assistance for those with adrenal gland issues, but also provides many different health benefits as well.
2. Ginkgo: This is a very common herb that is used for a number of different effects. Most notably, ginkgo can help reduce stress levels which are straining the adrenal glands. Whether in tablet or liquid form, ginkgo is an excellent herb to fight the effects of adrenal fatigue.
3. Ginseng: In particular, Korean ginseng is an excellent herb to be used to help relieve physical or mental stress which plays an important role in recovery. In fact, ginseng has been used to help better the circulation, improve the memory and even reduce incidents of the common cold. What can be stated about ginseng in terms of adrenal fatigue is that it does provide the right support so that the adrenal glands can recover.
4. Rhodiola: Another common herb that has been used for many centuries in herbal medicines, rhodiola helps treat mild forms of depression as well as reducing the stress levels in the body. Plus, it works very well with ginseng in helping to lower anxiety and improve overall mental function.
5. Astragalus: A recent entry in terms of Western medicine, astragalus has been used in Chinese medicines for many years. Its overall effect is to combat the feeling of being “run down” and helps people get up and on with their day without the typical stimulants of caffeine or sugar. In addition, it has a number of other healthy benefits as well.
Overall, these are the five best herbs for use against the effects of adrenal fatigue. Remember to use them wisely and if you have any complications to see your doctor immediately.