Most of you aren’t going to like today’s topic, because most people consume daily, the most abused drug on the planet and that’s caffeine.
And YES, caffeine is a drug. So powerful that Coca-Cola’s original ingredient contained cocaine and they needed a replacement for it and the substitute was and still is, caffeine!
Whether it’s your morning or daily coffee and tea, the usual “energy drinks”, sodas, pre-workout products or dozens of other “energy” stimulatory products contain caffeine.
In fact, most people can’t seem to start the day without getting their “caffeine hit.”
The Problems With Caffeine
The problem with caffeine is that it “burns out” your Central Nervous System and causes numerous, negative changes in your hormones, which ultimately accelerates aging.
The negative changes in hormones are:
- An increase in stress hormones, such as cortisol — means more belly fat.
- Decrease in testosterone — this means less muscle and lower libido.
- Decrease in growth hormone & IGF — more fat, accelerated aging.
- Decrease in thyroid hormones (T3) — slower metabolism and fat gain.
- Decrease in adrenal hormones — DHEA, pregnenolone, etc.
- Decrease in melatonin — sleep and anti-aging hormone.
- Increase in estrogen — breast health problems, gynecomastia (“Man Boobs”), irregular menstruation
- Higher blood sugar and insulin insensitivity — more fat, less muscle, etc.
Another major issue is neurological in that it causes issues by decreasing dopamine release and dopamine receptor sensitivity — both are bad because it decreases happiness.
It also causes a decrease in another neurotransmitter, serotonin. This means again, less happiness, more worry, stress, anxiety, and panic.
Other Problems With Caffeine
Other health problems that are non-hormonal:
- Oxidative stress and inflammation — related to numerous health problems, aches and pains
- PH imbalance (more acidic) — acid reflux, osteoporosis, gut bacterium imbalances
- Insomnia & poor sleep (shallow REM sleep) — the cause of too many health problems and hormonal imbalances.
- Blood Pressure problems
Honestly, I can go on and on.
My Love/Hate With Caffeine
And trust me when I tell you that when I take a little bit of caffeine, I feel AMAZING. I honestly do. I’m happy, very productive, and just more focused.
But I’ve done so many tests with it and no matter what I do, within a few days my body adapts, I need to increase the dose and my hormones start to change for the worst — as does my sleep.
And people who I’ve tested who habitually consume caffeine daily, for years and years (like most of us) — trust me, they have a lot of health issues.
BUT NOT ONCE, will a doctor say “get off the caffeine, it’s killing you.”
Caffeine IS A Powerful & Addictive Drug
This is because nobody even thinks of caffeine as a drug. And “everybody does it.”
Remember, it is a very potent drug and works in many ways, the same as Cocaine. And both are “natural” and found in “nature.”
But they are not to be consumed in highly concentrated sources as we do in modern society.
Anyway, like I said — I really like how I feel on caffeine, I just don’t like to deal with the negatives – especially the hormonal imbalances.
So, what does this mean?
Because I know right now most people are thinking “umm… no way am I gonna stop my caffeine, I love my coffee, etc., etc.”
Yeah, I get it.
The Good News – Natural Alternatives
However, the GOOD NEWS is that there are much safer, healthier, and even better solutions — natural herbs, plant extracts, and amino acids that will help support the healthy energy levels and focus you need, but without any of the negative side effects that I’ve mentioned today.
No crash. No negative hormonal changes.
Plus, they are actually GOOD for your health — body AND especially mind. Better for memory, cognition, and mood.
They actually help improve your hormones and neurotransmitters. They have anti-aging benefits, especially for your mind.
If you still want to have your caffeine products, go ahead… but consider lowering the dose and use much healthier and better solutions.