I believe that nature already has the answers and cures to most health ailments.
So today I'm going to quickly list the BEST foods and herbs for improving your mood, helping to relieve stress, reduce anxiety and help eliminate depression,...
So you can sleep well at night and wake up refreshed, excited and happy in the morning.
Controlling The "Big 3"
There are 3 primary hormones and neurotransmitters we want to “control”, which can help make dramatic improvements in your mood, happiness, and sense of well-being.
And these are Dopamine, Serotonin and Cortisol
The great part about making improvements to these 3 is that you’ll also SLOW DOWN AGING and thus, look and feel younger!
Goal #1 = Optimize Serotonin
This is a neurotransmitter which is located primarily in your GI tract (your stomach) and also your Central Nervous System (CNS).
People tend to refer to it as the “happy hormone”, even though it’s not a hormone … Drugs such as Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft work by optimizing Serotonin.
Serotonin may be low if you:
- crave sugary, salty foods or caffeine
- tend to be "moody" or extra "sensitive"
- get anxiety or panic attacks
- can't seem to "let go" of the past or you dwell on negative thoughts
Goal #2 = Increase Dopamine
This is known as the anti-aging “pleasure chemical”, which acts as both a hormone and a neurotransmitter.
It’s very powerful because it plays a major role in motivation.
Many addictive drugs work on Dopamine receptors. The lack of dopamine is also the primary cause of Parkinson’s.
Dopamine may be low if you:
- have memory problems or hard time focusing
- have a decrease in libido
- feel unmotivated, lost your "drive" about life
- don't want to interact with people and you feel hopeless or depressed
Goal #3 = Decrease Cortisol
Cortisol is known as the "Stress Hormone".
When you don’t sleep well, when you’re angry, tired, feel over-worked and under lots of stress or pressure,... then your Cortisol levels dramatically shoots up.
This is your body’s coping mechanism to stress - so you do need some cortisol to survive and function.
However, elevated cortisol causes
- an increase in blood sugar and blood pressure
- muscle loss and extra fat around your belly
- lowered testosterone in men and feelings of anger in women
- poor sleep
- dramatically increases aging, wrinkles and hair loss.
Unfortunately because of today’s extra stressful life-styles, it’s estimated that 87% of the population has chronically elevated cortisol.
And if you have any caffeine – coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc. – you are 100% guaranteed to have elevated cortisol.
The best foods that help decrease Cortisol are:
- PROTEINS - grass-feed red meat and wild-caught salmon
- CARBOHYDRATES - beans (because of Phosphatidylserine) and citrus fruits, oranges and Spinach (high in Vit. C)
- FATS - omega-3 fats found in flaxseeds, walnuts and salmon
Using Herbs, Vitamins & Amino Acids
For Faster Results & Convenience
In addition to food, there are also natural herbs, specific vitamins and special amino acids that can dramatically promote healthier levels of Serotonin, Dopamine and Cortisol ... without the negative "drug" side-effects.
The major benefit is that the results are seen and felt quickly and it's a lot easier than changing your entire diet.
There are literally dozens of natural supplements and herbs that "claim" to help relieve stress, reduce anxiety and panic attacks, decrease depression, improve your mood and help you sleep better.
So it can get a little confusing.
But allow me to save you time and money by listing the "best of the best" and the most effective natural remedies that are scientifically researched to work:
- 5-HTP – increases Serotonin (“happy hormone”)2
- St. John’s Wort – a natural herb that helps with depression and sadness3
- Passion Flower & Valerian Extract – great for anxiety, panic attacks and improved sleep. Creates natural calmness.4
- Inositol, Magnesium and L-Taurine – are required for proper formation of numerous brain neurotransmitters, including Serotonin. People who have anxiety or depression, genetically have low levels of these 3 ingredients.4,5
- L-Theanine – which is found in green tea, helps reduce stress and Cortisol levels.4,7
- Phosphatidylserine, Ashwagandha and Vitamin C = all help reduce the stress hormone, Cortisol.4,6,7
- GABA – an amino acid that helps “calm” your nervous system and creates relaxation.1,4
- Probiotics - there are about 3-4 specific probiotics (healthy bacteria) that have been shown to improve mood.
WARNING - It's All About The "Synergy"
As great as these individual ingredients are, they work MUCH BETTER when combined together because there is a special "synergy", which creates better results without the negative "drug" side-effects.
So basically, you take less and get more results!
Because of this synergy, I personally utilize an "all-in-one" natural remedy called ProVanax™, which contains all of these key ingredients, in one simple vegetarian pill.
So it's convenient and saves me time and money.
The feedback has been amazing and since the product has been around since 1999, you know it works!
If you want to try something natural that works quickly, I suggest your give ProVanax™ a try. Take a look and let me know what you think!...