I was watching a new video interview from 2023 with Dr. Deepak Chopra and the release of his 93rd book – which is an amazing accomplishment and extremely admirable.
The interview was 90 minutes long and this one part stood out while I was watching and I want to quickly share it with you.
The Importance Of Sleep
Yup, sleep is a major factor in how you look and feel today and tomorrow. It plays a vital role in your health, fitness & longevity.
The problem is, most people just don’t realize just how important and crucial sleep is.
They put very little emphasis on sleep. They do so many wrong things like staying up too late, looking at bright lights, drinking alcohol before bed, too much caffeine, and so on and so forth.
Personally, I think deep-quality sleep is more important than even diet or exercise.
Just think about it… You can eat a bad diet for years, as many people do, and you’ll still be fine.
There are millions and billions of people who never exercise, and they are fine.
But try not sleeping for one night… or a couple of nights.
You’ll almost go crazy and become delusional.
All your health biomarkers and blood tests will be horrible.
Heck, just one night of bad sleep can cut your hormone production down by at least 50%, especially in men with testosterone levels.
Remember, we are designed to sleep about a third of our lives in order to survive.
Your body is a self-healing and self-cleaning organism and a lot of this happens while sleeping.
Poor Sleep Causes Health Problems
When you’re not getting deep quality sleep, you are not healing and cleaning very well and health problems start to build up as we age.
Dr. Chopra mentioned that poor sleep is the:
- #1 cause of premature death from cardiovascular disease – which is the #1 killer for over 100 years.
- Poor sleep is a powerful predictor of Alzheimer’s, dementia, and poor memory
- Poor sleep zaps you of both mental creativity and physical energy
- And he mentioned how lack of sleep causes inflammation, which itself is linked to many health problems for your brain, heart, and joint pain.
However, he didn’t mention how poor sleep also:
- Destroys your youth hormones, such as testosterone, growth hormones, melatonin, thyroid, and others
- It increases stress hormones such as cortisol and depletes your adrenal glands
- Lack of sleep dramatically increases your blood sugar and is linked to diabetes
- Poor sleep increases your anxiety and is linked to depression.
- And of course, poor sleep accelerates aging, internally and externally… by increasing wrinkles, causing hair loss, graying of hair, increasing belly fat, and causing muscle loss.
Honestly, I can go on and on.
My Solution For Sleep Problems
And sadly, I’ve always been a poor sleeper, even in my teenage years… When everyone else was sleeping like 9-10 hours or more, I was only sleeping like 6-7 hours.
I’ve always had a hard time falling asleep and these days, as I’ve gotten older, I also have a hard time staying asleep.
Now, I’ve made a lot of improvements and changes in my life to prioritize sleep … and this is something I want you to do as well.
Learn from my mistakes.
My sleep is not perfect, but it’s greatly improved over the past few years.
I made another video specifically about this entitled, “My 5 Proven Tips To Fall Asleep Faster & Stay Asleep Longer”
You can also try my favorite vitamins I take every night to help improve deep, quality sleep.
I know “good sleep” isn’t a sexy topic, but trust me, improving your sleep will make dramatic improvements in your mood, health, fitness, and longevity.
So take action, visit the links, and implement the 5 easy sleep tactics. I think you’ll see and feel the benefits in just one or two nights.