In the video below, I summarize the pros and cons of Phytosterols… And how to best use it for maximum safety and effectiveness.
“So How Effective Is CoQ10 Phytosterols For Improving Cholesterol & Triglycerides?…”
Plant sterols and plant stanols are collectively known as phytosterols.1 Plant sterols are plant compounds with chemical structures similar to that of cholesterol.1 Especially high sterol levels are found in rice bran, wheat germ, corn oils, and soybeans.
Interestingly, phytosterols so closely resemble cholesterol that they can actually block food-based cholesterol from being absorbed into the bloodstream.
The result is that both phytosterols and dietary cholesterol end up excreted in waste matter…. as seen in the image to your right.1
“Do Phytosterols BLOCK Dietary Cholesterol Absorption?…”
Because of their ability to block dietary cholesterol absorption, phytosterols can help lower your cholesterol levels.7 In the last few years, clinical research has also discovered other effects, including reducing symptoms of an enlarged prostate8, improving the control of blood sugar among people with diabetes5, and reducing inflammation among patients with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.9
Studies have shown that daily phytosterols can lower these cholesterol measurements by an average of 10% to 14%.1,5
Because of these strong findings, the National Cholesterol Education Panel issued a new recommendation in 2001 that plant stanols and sterols be added to cholesterol-lowering regimens, along with the more traditional cholesterol-fighting tools, such as regular exercise, weight loss, and a low-fat diet.
Warnings & “Scams”
As with anything, there are always potential “negatives” and here are a few things you want to watch out for:
- You want to ONLY use the “extract” form of Phytosterols, not “powder”. The highest and most effective is 40% extract (this is the exact amount found in a very effective and all natural product called, CholesLo™)
- Also, the safest form is derived from non-GMO pine tree extract. This is because most plants these days have there genes modified and are no longer natural. Non-GMO means NOT “genetically modified organisms” and it’s much healthier and safer for you.
- You never want to take only the Phytosterols by itself because you would have to take a very high dose of it to work and that’s when the negative side-effects start (more about this in a second…)
But, don’t go out and spend your hard-earned money on Phytosterols just yet …
“So, What’s YOUR Best & Safest Solution?…”
I’ll be honest with you. No one single ingredient works at 100% effectiveness forever, let alone for every person. And that includes Phytosterols or any other single herb or nutrient.
Think about it. Just like you don’t eat only broccoli for best health, you don’t want to use only one herb or nutrient either.
The best products use Phytosterols, in conjunction with other key ingredients, at specific dosages to help create healthy cholesterol levels, HDL/LDL ratios and triglycerides.
Other key ingredients you should look for when purchasing a product, which also work in synergy with red yeast rice are:
- Policosanol (make sure it contains specific “octacosanol” and not the cheaper form of “beta-sistosterol”)
- Garlic Extract (make sure it’s Deodorized with 1.3% alliin)
- Pantesin® d-Pantethine
- Guggulsterones (make sure it’s 10% Pure Extract; E and Z)
- Artichoke Leaf Extract (make sure it’s 15% Chlorogenic Acid, 5% Cynarin)
- Red Yeast Rice (extract only)
Additionally, whatever product you select – make sure it has a liver cleansing formula (because your liver is where cholesterol problems first start) and something to reduce Homocysteine levels (which is 43% cause of heart attacks).6 This is REALLY IMPORTANT!
When the above ingredients are combined together in proper ratios, the “synergy” creates a much more effective solution, at a lower dose – WITHOUT your body adapting or having negative side-effects. That’s the secret!…
Confused? Too Many Options & Choices?
Here’s What Other People Have Done…
Now, you might be thinking, “Geez, I don’t want to take 20-30 pills a day, buying a bunch of bottles and herbs” and I don’t blame you. Who has the time OR money?…
Fortunately, there’s “all-in-one” solution called CholesLo™, which contains the above key ingredients, in specific extracted dosages — in addition to a couple other helpful ingredients.
The feedback has been amazing and since the product has been around since 1999, you know it works!
- Phytosterol Facts
- Heart Disease Facts
- Side Effects of Cholesterol-Lowering Statin Drugs
- Cholesterol-Lowering Abilities of a Novel Proprietary Preparation – CholesLo
- Natural substance lowers cholesterol better than statins
- Homocysteine lowering and cardiovascular disease risk
- Free phytosterols effectively reduce plasma and liver cholesterol.
- Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia with phytosterols
- Beyond cholesterol-lowering effects of plant sterols: clinical and experimental evidence of anti-inflammatory properties